About PAWprint

The University of Northern Iowa Advancement Division has launched a program to enable students and members of the faculty and staff to unleash the power of crowdfunding on campus. This program, PAWprint, provides student organizations and members of the faculty and staff with the training, tools and support needed to put on a successful fundraising campaign.

PAWprint will train and coach student organizations and members of the faculty and staff to raise money by reaching out to their personal networks — friends, family, colleagues and other contacts — to create a crowd and invite them to get involved by making a contribution.

A PAWprint campaign is “live” for 30 days, but requires about 3 months of commitment from start to finish.

80% of donors who contribute to crowdfunding projects are new donors to the university.


Fundraising isn’t easy, but we help make crowdfunding simple. Our program is powered by the ScaleFunder platform, and includes assistance from professional staff within the UNI Foundation's Office of Annual Giving and the Alumni Association.


Because the UNI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, donations made through our platform qualify as tax-deductible contributions to the extent allowed by law. We take care of all the gift receipting for your donors and all related paperwork required. 


95 percent of all funds your campaign raises will be designated directly to your account, even if you don’t reach your goal. The remaining 5 percent goes to the UNI Foundation as compensation for processing and filing. There are no additional program costs or fees.

University of Northern Iowa FAQ

Donor FAQ

Is my payment secure?

UNI uses Authorize.net to process their credit card payments.

Authorize.Net is committed to safeguarding customer information and combating fraud. We operate with a mission to provide the most secure and reliable payment solutions for you and your customers. To accomplish this, Authorize.Net dedicates significant resources toward a strong infrastructure, and adheres to both strict internal security policies and industry security initiatives. With Authorize.Net, your customers can be confident their data is secure. We utilize industry-leading technologies and protocols, such as 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and we are compliant with a number of government and industry security initiatives


Will my gift be tax-deductible?

Contributions to PAWprint directly support the mission of the University of Northern Iowa and its organizations and are tax-deductible.


Do I have to donate online?

No, you can also donate by check or phone:

By check:

Pay to the order of: Organization's name to which the donation is being made

Memo: PAWprint

Send the check to the address below, or give to a member of the organization. 

Foundation Financial Services                          
121 Commons                                                
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0239

By phone:



When will my credit card be charged?

Your credit card will be charged within one business day of the transaction.



Organization FAQ

Who can launch a project on PAWprint?

Any organization that is on the current list of registered student organizations maintained by the Northern Iowa Student Government (NISG) and the Student Involvement Center can start the process to launch a project on PAWprint.  


What kind of projects does PAWprint look for?

Inspirational projects that are goal specific have a higher success rate through crowdfunding than those that are vague or general. 


How do I start?

Hit the "Start a Project" button at the top of the page, or contact pawprint@uni.edu with any questions.


What is an appropriate fundraising goal?

PAWprint staff recommends a fundraising goal between $3000 and $7500. Each project and its goals will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by staff.


Who decides if a project is ready to launch?

The PAWprint staff, along with a campus committee representing various areas on campus, meets once a month to determine which projects are ready to launch and which still need adjustments.


How do organizations access their funds after the campaign?

Prior to launching the final project, organizations will set up a project account with the Foundation Financial Services office. From there the funds can be accessed by filling out Foundation Financial Services Vouchers located within the UNI Forms Repository.